Sunday, March 22, 2020

E-Learning Week 2: March 23-27

Hello Students,

I miss seeing you so much! I hope you are all able to enjoy some time with your family at home and find lots of time to play. I would love to hear from you all! Please feel free to send me an email (shanson@mhs.org) or send a message in the comment section of this post or the contact form on this blog.

I'm going to give you a few more activities you may do from home. In addition, you may continue exploring Quaver (your class code is 59K8P) and MusicPlay (info on my last post).

1. As a follow-up to last week, take this short quiz to check and see how well you know your treble staff lines and spaces and note names.
You can take the quiz here.

2. This Musication video will be a ton of fun for families to do together! Each person can grab an item to make some found sound music. The activity is created for 4 people, but if you have more or less, just add on an extra similar sound to one of the parts. If you have less, take away a sound. Or, for a challenge, have a very talented family member play 2 instruments at once! The way this works...each player selects an item (that is safe) to play as listed in the picture. For cutlery, I would suggest a metal spoon. Any lid will work fine, but a large coffee can works great. Be sure to check with your parents before using their household items. Have fun and be creative! This is very similar to Guitar Hero. When you start the video, play your "instrument" as your shape goes across the screen. Enjoy! Here is the video link (click the words): Alla Turka Musication
Player/Instrument Instructions














3. This last activity has a ton of short activities you can do by spelling your first name. For a bigger challenge, spell your last name or do the ENTIRE alphabet! Let me know how it goes.

I can't wait to hear from you all! I hope you're doing well!

Mrs. Hanson


No comments:

Post a Comment